We are seeking a Community Support Officer in our Kalgoorlie office to act as a key liaison between victims of Aboriginal family violence and the services of Aboriginal Family Law Services (AFLS).
Closing Date: 10 May, 2019
The role requires the CSO to promote our service within our regional communities by referring clients to AFLS solicitors for legal representation, undertaking community legal education and facilitating general support services.
To be eligible for interview, you must demonstrate relevant experience working within Aboriginal organisations, a passion for working within the community and a very strong work ethic. You must be able to work both independently and as part of a small team, be able to travel to remote communities and be comfortable presenting to large groups of people.
For the right candidate we offer a very attractive salary package with generous entitlements.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability to attend Outreach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills
- Experience with dealing one-on-one with clients/solicitors
- An understanding of Aboriginal family and domestic violence, and sexual assault
- Ability to interact with Aboriginal people in remote and rural communities by way of working with clients and the wider community in relation to violence and sexual assault
- Ability to provide community information/education to clients and the wider community
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working with victims/survivors of family abuse
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Current ‘C’ Class WA Driver’s Licence
- Current Police Clearance Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
Applications should include a Letter of Introduction, a Statement Addressing the Selection Criteria and a Resume including names of two (2) referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Human Resources, AFLS
PO Box 5254, East Victoria Park
Western Australia 6981.
Please note that only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
AFLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply