Aboriginal Family Law Services (WA) aims to provide free, culturally secure, legal and support services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander victims and survivors of family violence and/or sexual assault.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant/Office Manager to work at our office in East Victoria Park.
To be considered for this position you will possess the necessary skills and experience to do the following:
- Support the CEO and other staff with appointment setting, calendar management, travel arrangements and correspondence.
- Process CEO expenses and reimbursement claims
- Liaise with external stakeholders on behalf of and as directed by the CEO
- Coordinate corporate office staff meetings, take and disseminate meeting notes
- Assist in Board relations
- Ensure Risk and gift registers updated regularly.
- Perform reception duties such as answering the phone, taking messages, filing mail processing, manage petty cash and office cleanliness and presentation
- Run errands, manage supplies, and all relevant vendor relations
- Support data entry
- Support the IT/Data Coordinator with computer systems, email and network as needed.
- Manage and record all staff access to the office
- Assist the legal secretary as required
- Work with Media/Policy Advisor with the Annual Report and newsletters
- Other duties as requested by the CEO.
- Min 3 years’ experience in previous similar role
- Tertiary or TAFE level qualifications relevant to the position
- A proven capacity to creatively deal with challenging issues
- Highly developed administration and client service skills
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and communications skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Computer literacy all Microsoft Office Suite, including word processing, Excel spreadsheet competency, power point, internet and email)
- Experience working in a community legal organisation
- Experience working with Aboriginal people
- Knowledge of computer and electronic equipment set up / routine maintenance/troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate media/promotional issues
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Current ‘C’ class WA Driver’s License
- Current Federal Police Clearance
- Working with Children’s Check
The successful applicant will need to gain and demonstrate a broad general knowledge of AFLS and the suite of services that it delivers and the sites that it delivers from, as well as the ability to identify key personnel and have contact details available for all other AFLS sites.
This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. AFLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications should include a Letter of Introduction, a Statement Addressing the Selection Criteria and a Resume including names of two (2) referees. The full Position Description which includes the Selection Criteria can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Applications should be sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources, AFLS, PO Box 5254, East Victoria Park, WA, 6981.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 14th May 2020