We are seeking applications for an Aboriginal Family Advocate from experienced and qualified Social Workers who are interested in being part of the AFLS team in our small regional office in Kalgoorlie.
Closing Date: Friday 26 July, 2019
This is a part time position.
As an AFLS Aboriginal Family Advocate, you will be responsible for delivering comprehensive case management and support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander clients within remote and local communities.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Bachelor of Social Work degree or equivalent
- Trained in trauma informed practice
- Ability to interact with Aboriginal people in remote and rural communities
- Demonstrated case management experience of one on one support to clients
- An understanding of family/domestic violence and sexual assault
- Able to travel on outreach to remote communities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Good communication and computer skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work within a legal service
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Current ‘C’ Class WA Driver’s Licence
- Current Police Clearance Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
A competitive salary package including allowances based on location and salary sacrifice are available for the right candidate, along with 5 weeks’ annual leave. Relocation assistance would also be considered depending on individual circumstances.
Applications should include a Letter of Introduction, a Statement Addressing the Selection Criteria and a Resume including names of two (2) referees.
AFLS offers an attractive salary package including remote allowances and superannuation, as well as 5 weeks’ annual leave and salary sacrifice options.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Human Resources, AFLS
PO Box 5254, East Victoria Park
Western Australia 6981.
Please note that only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
AFLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply