We are seeking a full time Manager with a Social Worker degree to work from our Corporate Office in East Victoria Park.
Closing Date: Friday 17 May, 2019
The position is a three (3) year fixed term contract to 30 June 2022 with a possibility of extension. The successful applicant will help shape the direction of the Aboriginal Family Law Services in the respective regions and work with a degree of independence.
This position will be responsible for the management and supervision of two full-time Social Workers and one part-time Social Worker in the AFLS offices in Geraldton and Kalgoorlie, and will oversee the delivery of case management support to our clients in these areas.
- Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Social Science
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant post degree experience
- Managerial experience
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people
- Experience in the areas of family violence
- Previous experience working in remote regions
- Previous experience working with indigenous communities
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Current ‘C’ Class WA Driver’s Licence
- Current Police Clearance Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is $90,000 pa + 9.5% superannuation. AFLS staff also benefit from 5 weeks’ annual leave and generous salary sacrifice options.
Applications should include a Letter of Introduction, a Statement Addressing the Selection Criteria and a Resume including names of two (2) referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com or mailed to:
Human Resources, AFLS
PO Box 5254, East Victoria Park
Western Australia 6981.
Please note that only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
AFLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply