We are seeking Solicitors to work with our regional locations.
The successful applicant(s) will help shape the direction of the Aboriginal Family Law Services in the respective region and work with a degree of independence.
The Solicitor is responsible for the delivery of legal services, including family law, care and protection matters, family violence restraining orders and criminal injuries compensation. The successful applicant will provide legal advice, court representation and community legal education to Aboriginal people who have suffered, or are experiencing, family violence within their community.
To be considered for this position you need to meet the following criteria:
- Current legal practicing certificate from the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia, pursuant to the Legal Profession Act 2008 (WA)
- Admitted, or eligible for admittance, to practice in the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people
- Able to travel to remote areas to deliver services to clients and the community
- Experience in family law, care and protection matters, criminal injuries compensation and family violence restraining orders
- Advocacy Experience
- Managerial experience
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Current ‘C’ Class WA Driver’s Licence
- Current Police Clearance Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
AFLS offers an attractive salary package including remote allowances and superannuation, as well as 5 weeks’ annual leave and salary sacrifice options.
Applications should include a Letter of Introduction, a Statement Addressing the Selection Criteria and a Resume including names of two (2) referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Human Resources, AFLS
PO Box 5254, East Victoria Park
Western Australia 6981.
Please note that only those successful to interview will be contacted.
AFLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply